The day before Onstage I decided to create some 3D swaps to use as roommate gifts, new table friend gifts and swaps if there were any left over. For this swap my goal was to use the Best Catch bundle in the Occasion catalogue and gummy fish inside the pizza boxes. I started with an idea to use a circle of velum as a peek hole in the pizza box, embossed the vellum with the Seaside Embossing Folder and then coloured it blue. That idea failed, the velum wasn't see-though enough to see the gummy fish I was putting inside.

My second idea was to use a square of Window sheet, emboss it and then colour it blue using a Stampin' Blend. It turned out okay, but still not transparent enough because I coloured it blue! So my final design has a clear Window Sheet that is embossed with the Seaside Embossing Folder and left uncoloured. I used a Stampin' Spritzer with rubbing alcohol and 7 drops of Balmy Blue ink refill to spritz the outsides of the pizza boxes before assembling them.


The fish were coloured using a variety of Stampin' Blends. Mixing different colours, such as Cajun Craze and Crumb Cake together is a first for me but I love how it turned out! Did you notice that the die for the fish has cut outs for the fins? Looks awesome doesn't it?

Supplies
Stamps: Best Catch
Colours: Balmy Blue, Old Olive, Garden Green
Accessories: Window Sheets, Stampin' Spritzer, Catch of the Day dies, Pizza boxes, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Blends in various colours, Seaside Embossing Folder, Layering Circle dies

~ Amanda
0 comments

Add your comment

Thank you for stopping by today! If you see something you like leave me a comment.

© From Where I Stamp by Amanda Farlinger · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS