This week I'm sharing projects with a water theme. Today's card was created using inspiration from my upline, Lisa Henderson. Each month she gives her team a creative and business challenge with different themes or ideas. A great way to keep us crafting and maybe try something new! For this month's creative challenge we needed to create a project inspired by the beach using the colours Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy and Silver. For silver the Silver Foil Specialty pack was perfect to provide 3 different shades behind the image along with a strip of Night of Navy and Smoky Slate. I had a hard time figuring out where the Coastal Cabana would fit but I'm ok with it being the card base colour, I think. Sometimes its easier to roll with using a colour as the base even if you think it might be wrong. What do you think? Was Coastal Cabana the correct one to use as my card base or should I have used a different colour?
Stampin' Up!'s Sailing Home stamp set reminds me of trips to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. Every few years I'm down there to visit family or take a vacation. When I was a teenager my mom and I travelled all over PEI to see lighthouses. It was so much fun to take a trip that was just the two of us! 
The Sailing Home Stamp set has coordinating dies, the Smooth Sailing dies. The lighthouse was die cut using the lighthouse image. You could die cut a banner for the greeting but I forgot there was a die for a banner until after I had created the flag. If you do not have a Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine I would suggest trying out the smaller Mini Machine. The Smooth Sailing dies will fit through the 3.5" opening.  
I used Night of Navy ink on this card but you could use Memento Black ink instead or another colour that coordinates. As the photo above shows I stamped and die cut both the lighthouse and sailboat to see which would work better and I asked over on Instagram which one to use! 67% of people voted for the lighthouse image.

Product List - click on any of the pictures below to be taken to my online store to pick up the supplies you need to recreate this project.
Thank you for stopping by! ~ Amanda
 
Stampin' Up!'s best deal of the year is happening now until Feb 28, 2022! Choose a FREE Sale-A-Bration product with every $60 or $120 you spend (before shipping and taxes). Learn about Sale-A-Bration here: http://SaleABration.FromWhereIStamp.ca
The Beyond the Horizon Paper Pumpkin Kit includes watercolor prints and designs inspired by the beautiful nature around us to create nine cards and coordinating envelopes. And paper pieces that perfectly coordinate with the New Horizons Suite Collection in the January–June 2022 Mini Catalog. And if you thought one stamp set was great just wait - this month’s kit comes with a BONUS stamp set for FREE! That’s two stamp sets in one kit! Subscribe by March 10th. Learn more about Paper Pumpkin at this link: http://PaperPumpkin.FromWhereIStamp.ca
Would you like to learn how to create quick and fun cards? Receive a free card tutorial using the Abstract Beauty Suite including the Hello Beautiful stamp set when you sign up to receive my emails. Sign up here for free: http://subscribe.fromwhereistamp.ca
Discover the depths of the ocean, and your artistic abilities, with the Waves of the Ocean Collection! This coastal collection includes an inspiring set of stamps and detailed dies, both early-release products from the upcoming 2022–2023 Annual Catalog. Learn more: http://waves.FromWhereIStamp.ca
0 comments

Add your comment

Thank you for stopping by today! If you see something you like leave me a comment.

© From Where I Stamp by Amanda Farlinger · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS