The snow started to fall this afternoon! It's very pretty when I can sit in my craft room, watch it collect on the truck in the driveway and don't have to leave the house. Have you had your first snow storm of this season? Days like today was my inspiration when stamping the snowflakes onto the wood design paper from the In Good Taste designer series paper. The snowflakes are from the Snowflake Wishes stamp set, stamped using Versamark ink and heat set with Whisper White embossing powder. 

The first time I embossed was at a Team Christmas shoe box swap at my upline's home east of Winnipeg a few months after becoming a demonstrator the first time 13 years ago. One of the ladies on the team had a card for us to create and it had heat embossing. I knew there had to be a way to get embossed sentiments or images onto cards but had no idea how to do it! It was so easy!! Stamp the image using clear Versamark ink onto your piece of paper (cardstock or designer series paper). Versamark ink is a sticky clear ink. Next sprinkle the colour of your choice over the stamped image. The embossing powder will stick to the Versamark ink. Next use a Heat Tool to melt the embossing powder, but be careful that you don't heat your fingers or overheat the embossing powder. I like to hold my project at different angles to make sure I melted all the embossing powder. You can always go back and reheat the portion that didn't get enough heat the first time. Suggestion when embossing large sections like the card front on this card, stamp then emboss in sections. With the clear ink it can be hard to see where you've stamped already. I like to stamp a few times then heat set with embossing powder then repeat until I have the desired look. 
 
Thank you for stopping by! ~ Amanda 
The Wednesday Night Market is happening this Wed Nov 25th starting at 8pm Eastern!! I'll be live at 9pm. Head on over to their Facebook page and turn on notifications: https://www.facebook.com/TheWednesdayNightMarket I look forward to sharing with you my products!
Join me for a free Online Workshop on Tue Nov 25th starting at 7:30pm! Creating and sharing projects using the Heartwarming Hugs designer series paper. Join me over on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/266053647891781
Join us on Dec 5th for our next Crop Kingston Virtual Crop using the Playful Patterns designer series paper! Choose from our Card To Go Kit, Scrapbook To Go Kit or Virtual Crop Access Pass! Each option includes a PDF of the card & scrapbook projects along with access to our exclusive Facebook group where we will share live videos, additional ideas using the products and more! The Card and Scrapbook Kits To Go include cardstock, embellishments and product needed to create the projects. Registration closes November 22nd. See more here: https://www.facebook.com/events/3188921181166135/
December's cute and cuddly Beary Comforting 🧸 Paper Pumpkin Kit is designed to uplift your loved ones! With the help of this bear-themed kit, you can create 12 unbearably cute cards featuring warm and fuzzy friends, sweet stamps, and meaningful messages. Sign up for this adorable kit by Dec 10th: https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-ca/sign-up/?demoid=2157916
0 comments

Add your comment

Thank you for stopping by today! If you see something you like leave me a comment.

© From Where I Stamp by Amanda Farlinger · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS