How to Match a New Layout to a Complete Layout Without the Same Products?

If you're the type of scrapbooker like I am, you have unfinished scrapbook layouts from trips or events that you'd like to complete but it's always someday! These four photos were part of the big patch of photos I printed earlier this year from 2011 and they were from our camping trip. I had 3 other pages already created of that anniversary camping trip and wanted to make sure these pictures were added. The problem? I no longer have the same designer series paper or stamp & dies that I used on the other layouts.

If this happened to you would you tuck these photos into a pocket page and call it done with the photos at least in the album with the other photos? Or save the pictures somewhere that they likely won't be seen again? Or scrap the photos onto a layout like I've done? I decided that the photo of us three needed to be put in the scrapbook. Even if I don't like the photo. Each subject has something wrong and it isn't the perfect photo I was trying to get with my camera. Hoover didn't want to look at the camera and Chad was trying to get his attention without having any treats with us. We've learned so much since then! lol

Having matching designer series paper, colours and/or stamp sets helps keep your scrapbook layouts look together. I try for certain days, events or celebrations to have one or multiple of those items on the pages. In the video below I share the other 3 pages where I took colours and design options from. I used Pretty Peacock, Old Olive, Garden Green, Shaded Spruce and Very Vanilla on this layout. The closest stamp set I had is the Layering Leaves stamp set and the coordinating Bough punch. Want to view the supply list for this scrapbook layout? Keep scrolling to find the button or click here to view the list now.

To get the leaves to look multicoloured I stamped the leaf outline & stems stamp using Shaded Spruce ink onto Garden Green cardstock. Then used Old Olive ink, stamped off once, then stamped a second time over the Shaded Spruce image.

The title for this scrapbook page is part of one of the sentiments in the Layering Leaves stamp set. The full stamp says "So happy to celebrate you" and since we were celebrating our anniversary I didn't want to stamp the you. A sticky note to cover up the you part of the stamp, then adding ink and finally removing the sticky note before stamping to get the title I want for this scrapbook page.

Create a Scrapbook Layout To Coordinate with Another Layout Using a Sketch and Stampin' Up! Products

Watch this video to see how to assemble this layout along with a tip on how to add adhesive to your leaves that will make it easier to put them on your scrapbook layout.

Want to make this scrapbook layout?

Click the supply list button below to see what products were used. If you’d like to order anything, just add it to your cart. 

0 comments

Add your comment

Thank you for stopping by today! If you see something you like leave me a comment.

© From Where I Stamp by Amanda Farlinger · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS