Are you someone who wants to scrapbook photos the same year they were taken? I want to be that person too, but am seldom not! But this scrapbook layout using puppy pictures of Flynn from earlier this year is helping me reach that goal. Using cute photos to create your scrapbook layout is a great way to start. I find it easier to start with the photos so that I can match designer series paper and colours to the photos.

The colour of the mat for the puppies and Flynn's fur colour match so well with the Earthen Elegance 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper. In my video I show how I decided to extend the use of the designer series paper by cutting the 12" x 12" sheets roughly in half then gluing them onto a Basic White 12" x 12" cardstock. The metal sheeting design looks really neat and I want to use it on another layout about Flynn. There are SO many photos of him! If I can extend the use of this pack of designer series paper all the better. The hello stamped for a title is from the Just My Type stamp set. It's stamped on Pecan Pie cardstock with Pebbled Path ink. I did use Champagne Rhinestone Jewels on this layout and discovered after creating the layout that they are retired. You could create the same look by using Rhinestone Basic Jewels and colour it with a brown Stampin' Blend. 

The cardstock colours were chosen based on the colours listed on the designer series paper packaging (also listed below). Pebbled Path matches Flynn's fur and Pecan Pie matches the design used for the top half of the layout.

The Earthen Elegance 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper is just as lively as the earth itself! With new colours and designs, this paper can be mixed and matched on one project or spread out over multiple projects. Some of the designs on this unique paper feature photos of hand-glazed pottery for a one-of-a-kind look. It includes the deep blues of the ocean, copper tones of the earth, petals and raindrops, and so much more! It's beautifully designed with you in mind, bringing the soft tones of nature right into all your card making crafts. The Earthen Elegance DSP pack contains 12 sheets of patterned paper: 2 each of 6 double-sided designs and the coordinating colours are Copper Clay, Gray Granite, Misty Moonlight, Moody Mauve, Pebbled Path, Pecan Pie, Pretty Peacock.


0 comments

Add your comment

Thank you for stopping by today! If you see something you like leave me a comment.

© From Where I Stamp by Amanda Farlinger · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS