Ever wondered how to use a sketch when you don't have the same sized photos as what the sketch calls for? Inspiration is great to have on hand from sketches but sometimes the photos I want to scrapbook don't fit exactly to what is laid out on the sketch. But if you like the sketch you can always switch up the photo size or even flip the layout around. A note about using different photo sizes than what is shown on the sketch, you might need to change the size of other designer series paper or cardstock in the sketch to match the larger or small photo. For my scrapbook layout, the smaller square photo didn't require any other changes other than the photo mat. 

Chocolate cake is my favourite for my birthday. And since the cake in the photo is chocolate I coloured the stamped cupcake to match using Early Espresso ink and the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush. The less ink you pick up with your Wink of Stella brush the lighter the ink colour you put onto the stamped image. The glitter ink takes a little longer to dry so make sure to leave your layout somewhere it can dry. 

Use Stampin' Up!'s Bright & Beautiful DSP to Scrapbook Your Photos on a Birthday Layout

This video shares how you can assemble this layout. You might notice that I coloured the chocolate cupcake but never glued it to my layout in the video! I put the image off to the side to dry a bit before putting it on the layout then forgot about it until I was cleaning off my desk. At least it was found and put in it's proper spot on the layout. 


You can find this modified layout with the original photo dimensions in my 3 Fun Scrapbooking Sketches. To receive the sketches sign up by clicking here or the image above to sign up to receive emails from me. Included with the sketches are directions, links to sample projects for more inspiration and alternative ideas for you to try! Whether you are new to scrapbooking or are a seasoned stamper these sketches will help you create your next layout.

Give colour the spotlight it deserves with the Bright & Beautiful 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper! From dip-dye ombre patterns to washes, stripes, stars, confetti, and more, this paper is perfect for celebratory occasions. Pair it with the sentiment of your choice and celebrate the people around you now! What will you create? This pack has 48 sheets of patterned paper: 4 each of 12 double-sided designs and the coordinating colours Azure Afternoon, Berry Burst, Blueberry Bushel, Bubble Bath, Fresh Freesia, Lemon Lime Twist, Lemon Lolly, Lost Lagoon, Misty Moonlight, Pretty Peacock.

0 comments

Add your comment

Thank you for stopping by today! If you see something you like leave me a comment.

© From Where I Stamp by Amanda Farlinger · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS