The Naturally Gilded 12" x 12" Specialty Designer Series Paper looked really pretty in the online store and I thought I could use it for some neat scrapbook layouts. But when I first opened the pack to create a layout I was stumped! A great tip to remember when you're not sure what layout design to use, sign up to receive my free 3 Fun Scrapbook Sketches to use one of the sketches with inspiration to create your scrapbook layout or you can look back at previous layouts you've made for inspiration. I found a layout created in 2017 when Lemon Lime Twist was one of the In Colors. It was paired with Basic Black, Basic White and a dark green (I chose Shaded Spruce). I'll post the photo of the inspiration below.

But I was still stuck on how much of the silver design to use and if I could use it for the base. Then I remembered the Emboss Resist technique, where you put ink over an heat embossed image and tried the middle of the silver on white sheet with some Basic Black ink. And the look of the black and silver mimicked the black and white design of the inspiration layout. To add some stamping I pulled out the He's All That stamp set and coordinating All That Dies. The pictures are of my dog Hoover when we took him hiking and took a swim break at the picnic area. In the video below I share what photos will be put on this layout.

If you watch the video below you'll see me realize some the Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive went through where the two pieces of Pebbled Path cardstock join. I covered the wet glue spot with a die cut "love this guy" stamped banner. 

This is the layout I used for inspiration. I'm waiting for photos to arrive. Yes, I actually ordered photos on the weekend! Once the photos arrive I will add three photos to my completed layout in similar sizes as shown above. The phot strip is an easy way to put many photos on your layout without overlapping them or making them small.

Create a Scrapbook Layout for an Adventure using the Naturally Gilded Designer Series Paper

text

The Naturally Gilded Specialty Designer Series Paper has 6 sheets: 2 each of 3 designs in Copper, gold, silver, Very Vanilla and White. Each sheet has a silhouette of delicate florals or slender trees printed in metallic foil and covered with subtle spatters. 


0 comments

Add your comment

Thank you for stopping by today! If you see something you like leave me a comment.

© From Where I Stamp by Amanda Farlinger · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS