Good evening, wherever you are tonight. The pace sure has picked up around here, especially with my aunt going for surgery next week to have her gall bladder removed, so that means things are hectic at work trying to make sure we can survive without her. It has not been going smoothly! However we shall plow headlong and see where it takes me.


Tonight is another KWerner color inspiration challenge. These colours where a tough one for me, but I'm pleased that the card turned out well. The colours are: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, and our choice! Summer Sun or Green Galore.






As soon as I had the colours laid out in front of me, my mind drifted to autumn, my favourite time of year and the best season ever! It was hard not having white to use.

I used the Jumbo Leaves Awash Wheel with versamark, inking up 3 pieces of card stock that were lined up one right after the other. Then embossed the image with clear embossing powder. I used a sponge dauber and basic black ink to cover the card stock, then wiped off the ink with a clean paper towel. Emboss Resist is what this technique is called if I am remembering correctly. I finished the card off with some leaves, a clear button and I got to play with my newly arrived linen thread (great thread by the way!).

  • Stamps: Leaves Awash Jumbo Wheel, Sincere Salutations
  • Paper: Basic Black, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun
  • Ink: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun
  • Accessories: Clear button, linen thread, Stampin Dimensionals
4 comments

Add your comment

  1. Very nicely done! What a beautiful effect! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card! I just LOVE Fall!! Great job with the color challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very cool technique! I love the effect it added to your card! I also love the button, nice touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today! If you see something you like leave me a comment.

© From Where I Stamp by Amanda Farlinger · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS