My husband turned 30 this month and to celebrate we are having a party for him this weekend. And of course I just had to make invitations to his big bash. I wanted to make a card he would like, so I asked for his input. He wanted a deer image and of course I hadn't gotten around to ordering a deer set yet, so I just had to place an order!!

Originally I had stamped the whole tree silhouette in Garden Green, but it was ugly! My husband asked if I could make it look like fall/hunting season. So out came the markers. I coloured portions of the leaves with multiple colours. For the grass I started with Pear Pizazz, then added a few swipes of Garden Green and to finish it off I used the thinner tip of the Chocolate Chip marker to create some dimension. The deer was first stamped in Chocolate Chip craft ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.

Supplies
Stamps: Nature Silhouettes, Sincere Salutations
Ink: Chocolate Chip Craft Ink, Chocolate Chip Classic Ink, Stampin' Write markers: Pear Pizazz, Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Peach Parfait, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Woodland Walk Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon (retired), sticky strip, clear embossing powder, new label punch from Holiday Mini Catalogue (coming out September 1, 2010)

~Amanda
5 comments

Add your comment

  1. I love the fall look of this. Very pretty.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great invite card! Love how you did the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, yet MANLY.
    Sounds like you have an enabler husband...you HAD to buy the stamp for this special card. Mine is the same way. Love it! :)
    http://willrun4stamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous! This turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today! If you see something you like leave me a comment.

© From Where I Stamp by Amanda Farlinger · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS